Friday, May 7, 2010

Never alone

At first it was really hard...actually, hard doesn't come close to describing it. It was torturous to describe what happened a year ago and the events leading up to it. Think of something in your life that you worked on day in and day out and having it fail. Multiply that by 100 and add love and offending words and dismissal and not being able to do a thing about it. Then imagine being asked about it on a daily basis. And having to explain it over and over again and trying not to lose it every time.

Quotes from cheesy movies like this got me through...
"So you failed. Alright you really failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed...You wanna be really great? Then have the courage to fail big and stick around. Make them wonder why you're still smiling."

But now...it's much easier. I can explain how alone and awful it was and not cry...which is what I did last night. Explained the events. Explained that I was alone...and then I realized...I wasn't alone.

Maybe I felt that way at the time, but there is always a constant in our lives that we need to remember. God. He's always there. He's always watching. And he knows best. I knew this, but I never explained that part of the situation.

So no matter how difficult the situation. No matter what you're going through. Take a minute and have a little talk with the One who will never let you down. :)

No comments: