Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Regret?

"Don't you just wish you had a time machine and could take back the last few years? Then everything wouldn't be so hard and complicated for you..."

When I think about my closest friends right now and the amazing people I've met over the last 4 years, I can't imagine not having them in my life. These people have an intense perspective on life, a level head on most situations and a need to help those around them. They feed on positive energy and healthy relationships. And they're protective; there for me when I need them most and I definitely try to show them the same affection.

I've learned so much over the last few years...
I learned who would stand by my side and who would judge, come to conclusions and walk away. I learned that in the face of judgement, others would truly pick themselves and say whatever they could to make themselves look more superior, even if it were at the cost of others. I learned to 'speak softly and carry a big stick'. I learned that even though things may seem unbearable at times, the best has yet to come and someone, somewhere always has it worse.

So, sure, it's been hard. Sure, it's been complicated. Sure, I've been torn up. Sure, I've been degraded and looked down on. But, I've learned invaluable lessons. I've met amazing people. I've bounced back in an incredible way and I've never been as happy and proud to be who I am because of it all.

I wouldn't go back. I wouldn't take the easy route. I wouldn't change a thing, because God knows what's best. He knows our path and I trust in him. I'm truly happy and more myself than I've ever been. :)

“When I look into the future, it's so bright it burns my eyes.”

No comments: