Friday, August 6, 2010

If time were infinite

Do you ever get the feeling that there is so much to see in this world and you don't have near enough time to see it all?!
I do. Almost ever day. I can't get enough. Not even in Texas. I want to go to Krause Springs and Guadalupe Peak and Concan and the many beautiful Texas rivers, etc. I want to experience it all.
Getting in the car and driving for hours makes most people cringe...it makes me exceptionally happy. The road...comfortable car...great music...LOVE it!

When I worked for Ernst & Young, I traveled to Chicago for training. Do you think I stayed in my hotel room before and after trainings were over? What do you think? I was up at 6:00 am down at the pier trying to consume every bit of Chicago. I went to see all the touristy places and then the hole in the wall Chicago dives.

I love how large cities are the same and yet so different. Dallas for instance is highly crime driven in downtown, where as Chicago is quite safe downtown.

In June, I took a trip to the Grand Canyon all by myself. It was the best experience and so incredible. I do love traveling with friends, but sometimes it's nice to be alone. So...I'm doing it again!

I'll be in Boston for training at the end of August and will be using the trip to my advantage. I will hit 7 states in 7 days. Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York!

I grew up in the middleofnowhere, TX and I'm interested to see the rural community of Wells, ME and how it compares. I'm sure it will be a million times prettier, but will still have the same warm feeling of being safe and at home. I'll see the sunset on the beach in that small town. An experience I'm sure I'll always remember (and of course capture on camera)!

"Isn't that weird, to take a trip by yourself?" No. And I'm not sure why not. I wish I could explain how it makes me feel. I do enjoy the company of others very much, but it's mind clearing; being in the middle of no where by yourself. Meeting new people. Just observing and getting a grasp on the environment around you.

"Are you soul searching?" Haha, anyone who asks this is always thinking in their head..."Poor girl, she really isn't ok and needs to find herself." Which consequently makes me laugh and shake my head because I know they just don't get it. And it's ok that they don't...I don't mind. If it were true , than I've been "soul searching" my whole life. But I think I just really love what God has created; in people of different background and cultures and in the diverse
land through this world. I hope I can just see a fraction of it!

No comments: